Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tuesday/Wednesday


Tuesday was turning out to be a good day. I had vowed
on Monday not to do work the next day. Rich even
made Monday's dinner.

At about 2 PM on Tuesday..I made iced tea, grabbed my current read
and went to the deck to do some reading. I reached to get my book
off the patio table after I'd gotten situtuated. My hand looked
a mile away. Things got a weird aura around them. I spoke out loud
to myself trying to figure what was going on.

I can't believe the gibberish I heard myself speaking. I was aware I was
thinking right, but not saying real words..and couldn't make a sentence.
I came in the house and hit the caller ID on our phone to get Rich.

He said ..if there was no caller ID on his cell he would never known
who it was . He kept asking me what was going on..I tried to respond
but the gibberish kept coming. He finally said to me he was calling
the ambulance. He was towns away.

I then called Nicole, my oldest daughter ..she YELLED at me. Thought I
was fooling around. I couldn't talk righ but finally told her Rich
called 911. She came right over, stayed with me until ambulance , fire and police
arrived.

Long story short here , I was in the ER Triage from 3 PM to 1 AM
did blood tests, MRI and decide it was a T I A, mini stroke ..that comes, goes, and
heals itself.





So for now..a baby aspirin to thin my blood a bit,(doc says cancer and treatment can thicken your blood) & anti seizure med every day,
see a neurologist..my neosurgeon and my primary care doctor and my oncologist.

If anything like this happens again, I must get to the ER
stat.

Oh what a night!

Slept in today then my BFF brought lunch and I went to bed about 3 hours and
Rich came home. My head doesn't even hurt today.. Thank you God.













22 comments:

  1. Oh Deena, One more thing. So glad it was just a TIA. I'm sorry it had to happen, but glad it turned out OK. Still keeping you in my prayers. Love and Hugs,
    Ruthie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must have been so frigtening. I'm so glad you got through it and hope and pray that it doesn't happen again. So much for a relaxing day, huh? You're in my prayers. Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deena, I am so sorry you are going thru this ... but are fine now. Take care & know we are lifting you in prayer.

    Happy Easter!
    Have a lovely day ~
    TTFN ~ Hugs, Marydon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deena.. Praying for you right now after reading your post...... I pray that the Father God cover you with HIS grace and bring complete healing in the name of Jesus.........

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a really scary thing. Glad to hear everything is ok now. Take care of yourself, Lisa in Texas :o)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You must have been sooo scared. But, it sounds like you did all the right things. You are always in my prayers. Hopefully this won't happen again. Love ya

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must have been scary for all of you! So glad you're okay!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy to hear you are feeling better. How scary! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you God is right! I am so glad you are all right. I have to wonder if it would help for you to keep a bell by the phone???? If you can't spak, perhaps you can knock the bell over ---- or ring it. Oh Deena.........thank God you are doing fine now.

    Don't make me come up there...............love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deena, I can only imagine how badly that scared you. Prayers for you - I'm thankful you are feeling better.

    The kitties are precious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deena,so happy to hear that you are ok - what a terrible experience. Sending love and positive thoughts your way
    Take care
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  12. Deena, how scary. I am having typing problems, so I have to space back often to correct things. I am glad you are going to go to the ER stat when this happens again. Will be saying prayers for you. You have been through enough already.
    Oh could you mail me one of the kittens-lol. Gosh if it were that easy. Could you please email me your phone number? Love, prayers, and hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi, Deena. Sorry that I haven't commented on your blog for some time. Please know that I check in on you, though! Wishing you a calm and peaceful Easter, my survivor-friend.

    Jayne

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! Just reading this made my heart beat faster. I'm glad you're OK. How scary that must have been for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Deena, I am so glad that Rich called 911, I am so frightened for you, that must have been so scary. I am praying for you, I wish that I was closer....... please God heal this sweet girl!!!
    I will check back and I do hope things improve and you are feeling better!
    Hugs,
    Margaret B

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deena, I am so sorry this happened, but thank god your feeling better. I just went through this with my mom. She had a stroke, but still has not gotten the full use of her left hand and leg. Take care, I am still praying for you to St. Peregrine. May you and your family have a blessed Easter. Paulette

    ReplyDelete
  17. Dear Deena, that must have been very frightening. I am so glad that it was so easily corrected. Praying for you always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear of your scary episode. Praise God it's over and you're better now. I continue to lift you up in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'll tell ya, there's just something about kittens that turn me into a puddle. So precious!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Deena,
    I came over to wish you a happy easter and thought I would get caught up your goings ons. I am so sorry to here about the mini stroke. It must have been very frightening!!! I have you in my prayers and thoughts.
    HUGS!!!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Deena. I'm so sorry this has happened to you. Take care and take those aspirins!

    ReplyDelete

~**~Your kind remarks are my angel wings~**~