Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Just a Bit About Me


Part One

I love most music

System of a Down
Pearl Jam
Smashing Pumpkins
Green Day

Harry Connick Jr.
Cold Play
Boney James
Norah Jones
FourPlay

Earth Wind & Fire
Luther Vandross
Cameo
Rick James

50 cent
Black Eyed Peas
Red Hot Chili Peppers

Third Day
Mercy Me
Casting Crowns

and all classical

I don't care for today's country music, but
do love Johhny Cash, Hank Williams Jr., Marty Robbins.
(my dad them & I grew up listening to it)

My favorite shows on TV

Madmen (I love this show) on AMC.. new episodes in August (season 3)
Law and Order, Law & Order CI , Law & Order SVU

My favorite recent Movies

The Reader
Slumdog Millionaire

My Views

I'm a Conservative Republican
A member of The Methodist Church

My Jobs

In high school I was a babysitter &
I worked in a retail store.

I worked in a bank for a year as a messenger & in the Proof Dept
at The First National Bank of Peoria.

I then worked as a teller at First National Bank of East Peoria in the early 1970's
, for about 5 years
Got my Real Estate license , worked for a Real Estate company till 1979, when the
economy so bad ..I needed to get a job with regular income so
I went back to The First National Bank of Peoria in 1979
and continued at this bank as a Teller, Collection Teller,
Teller Supervisor, Assistant Branch Manager, Branch Manager & AVP,
& Regional Manager & VP...for a total of 21 years

In 2000 I worked as Executive Director at East Bluff Housing
in Peoria, for a year.

In 2001 , with a surgery right after 9/11 we decide to try
me staying home. It worked ..I love it.

If you follow my blog..you'll know I was diagnosed with Stage 4 Breast Cancer
in Oct. of 2007.

More to come..if you have any questions you'd like to ask
let me know..
deenasstory@deenawarern.com

I am more than this..but I know I love to be nosey..so I thought I'd share.



12 comments:

  1. Hello, Dear Friend,
    It was fun reading about the things you have done. I'd like to know how you got to be a computer wiz? And, were you always artistic-and how long you've been selling your wares...and most important-what is your very favoritist of all flower?
    Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blast from the past! Thanks for letting us take a peak into the past. I am surprised at the music list...... but what do I know.. I would have taken you as very classical! Now why, I do not know..... It is funny sometimes how we see each other without knowing each other..

    Have a wonderful 4th.... It is going to be very hot here...........

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. A rich and varied collection of interesting facts about you!--I continue to keep you in my prayers, sweet Deena. Love, Jann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey! I've been a banker an a Real Estate Agent too!!

    You are a wonder sweety! God Bless you and keep you so tight in the palms of His mighty hands!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deena, I enjoyed reading about your life. I bet you'd be pleased and amused if you asked your blog readers to tell about you. I would have to say that my impression of you (from following your story) is that you are soooo kindhearted, compassionate, funny, smart, a lover of nature and animals, and an extremely creative artist!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed getting to know you a little better.
    I soooo agree w/you about the country music. My dad liked the "old stuff" too -- Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, Buck Owens.....
    My son's band isn't country, but they do play one Johnny Cash song (Folsum Prison Blues), and the crowd always loves it!
    :)
    ~Becca~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for sharing some things about yourself. It is always so much fun to see what you might have in common with someone that you know and admire!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deena thanks for sharing more of your life with us. It was fun getting to know you better
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are my Sunshine
    My only Sunshine,
    you make me happy
    when clouds are gray.
    You'll never know dear...
    how much I love you.
    Keep that Sunshine going your way!

    Thanks for sharing...I call it "Nuggets"...the info...lol!

    Love ya,
    Deanna :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deena :) Thank you for sharing! Here's what I would like to know...what is your best advice for 1.marriage 2.being a mother 3.life in general. I'm sure we would all benefit from your wisdom.

    In exchange...how about a giggle? On my blog, I have an Alice in Wonderland video where Alice loses her temper. You're invited to come see why the Queen shouted "Off with her head!"

    Hugs to you sweet Deena!
    Mere

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the way you hung your flag on the door. Happy Fourth!

    ReplyDelete

~**~Your kind remarks are my angel wings~**~