Tuesday, August 17, 2010

My Latest MRI

Text Color
I had an MRI last Monday..I got called yesterday to come consult with my
neurosurgeon.

Doctor said this (we were there for 2 1/2 hours.) Rich was suppose to
work out of town, but he stayed here and took me to see my doctor.
Dr. Kloppenstein


I had 3 options. ( the tumors are the original set) only 3 of the five. I have had
3 different batches of tumors..over the last two years
They have gone thru gamma and whole brain but they ARE growing again.


My Options

Do nothing..just watch them and reduce brain swelling with steriods. Just putting off
further treatment that will be needed.

Treat again with Gamma Knife..could work..may not..but if it doesn't we are
back at option 3.

Brain surgery.. 3 separate areas of the brain..one is somewhat deep..
all will be drilled..cut out ..sewed up..then on to the next tumor
all done in one day.

in the hospital for 5?? days then home with steroids to reduce
brain swelling and hopefully off steroids in a matter of weeks.

I have another MRI tomorrow AM..it's called functional MRI
and Gamma Knife this coming Monday. All the doctors discussed
my case and they all agreed. we can try gamma again..but surgery
may be imminent.

I'll be glad to get this resolved. I'm tired of whining about it.
LOL



20 comments:

  1. Deena, this is tough stuff ... thinking of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. deena ur in ky prayers....u are so strong.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. praying the doctors will know what the best plan of attack is...and for peace for you. I know this is so hard...and I am sorry.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. You just whine here all you want to or need to......sorry for what you are having to go through and you are on my prayer list....

    I don't comment often but I read every post...
    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. You, sweet lady, are in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. When life has so many hard choices you need to whine. We all love you and care, Deena. You are the bravest person I've ever known. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's OK to whine. You are taking it like a champ. Good luck with the next steps. Always praying.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Go ahead and whine.... and have some cheese with it. My thoughts are with you. Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're among friends, sweet lady... no such thing as whining :)

    We all love you so much and have you in our prayers constantly. Now we know more specifics to pray for.

    {{{Hug}}}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how I wish I had a magic wand so that I could make those bad tumors disappear. I will pray for you and Rich as you make the hard decision of what to do. I pray God gives you peace and healing.

    Hugs sweet friend,
    Kat

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deena, Many thoughts and prayers for you dear lady..Wanting only the best for you. Thanks for keeping us updated..
    Hugs & blessings ~mary~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love you Deena, Hang in there. You have Jesus and you have an amazing family and support system of bloggy pals and friends. You have inspired me for years. XXXMollye

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Deena,
    Stay Strong...this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are not whining as far as I'm concerned. If you want to scream, holler, cry etc. we are hear to listen. Just go to your computer and we will be on the other end. Prayers for you from a fellow mid westerner..........JAN

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are definitely not a whiner. I will be so happy for you though, when this is all taken care of. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Deena, you can whine all you want. We just want you back to your healthy happy self. I know I have whined so much and it does release endorphins, so you may be helping yourself by whining. We are all here for you and I pray that you and the doctors can decide what your best option is. Praying for you Sweet Deena that this is all behind you soon and life can get you back to normal. Love and hugs, Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. My thoughts will be with you on Monday. I hope it goes well. Sending you a big hug from Saint Louis.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am so sorry you are going through such tough times. I don't think you're whining. You're just telling it like it is. Know I am praying for you and your doctors. Sending a hug from Minnesota.

    ReplyDelete

~**~Your kind remarks are my angel wings~**~