Saturday, February 23, 2008

Blessing Like This, Must be Shared


I wanted to share this email with you from a cyber friend

I was so touched..it's an example

of God's love shone through others, which has been a WONDERFUL

blessing for me.

deena




"I just wanted you to know the Lord brought you to mind this morning and I prayed for you. I prayed that you would learn to number your days and that you would find God faithful today. I prayed for your husband, too. I know my husband would be a mess in this situation, but would be strong for me.
I was driving dh to work early this morning (now that dd drives we do some creative car-sharing on days when she goes to college classes, *you know) and I was listening to Chris Tomlin's song that says:

Strength will rise as we wait upon the LordWe will wait upon the LordWe will wait upon the LordStrength will rise as we wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord
We will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign foreverOur hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting GodThe everlasting GodYou do not faintYou won't grow wearyYou're the defender of the weakYou comfort those in needYou lift us up on wings like eagles

Strength will rise as we wait upon the LordWe will wait upon the LordWe will wait upon the Lord

Our God, You reign foreverOur hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting GodThe everlasting GodYou do not faintYou won't grow wearyYou're the defender of the weakYou comfort those in needYou lift us up on wings like eagles

Our God, You reign foreverOur hope, our Strong Deliverer

You are the everlasting GodThe everlasting GodYou do not faintYou won't grow wearyYou're the defender of the weakYou comfort those in needYou lift us up on wings like eagles

I'm not a real feelings-oriented spiritual type of person, but this really struck me as something that is true that God wants you to remember, today.
Love,
Nancy"

19 comments:

  1. What a beautiful email. It's obvious you bless each other - just as you bless me.

    BTW - I love that song! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a wonderful gift for the day....and an inspiration to all of us also....thank you for sharing, deena..
    hope you have a restful nights sleep...and sweet dreams,
    loving thoughts and prayers,
    kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post is so moving,we all need to be lifted up from time to time some more than others!I do beleive in the power of prayer and there are many prayers being said for so many who need it just now!Deena you are at the top of the list!
    Thinking of you and your family,Love from Kathyann and the girls

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so powerful! I think He is speaking to you. You've been in my heart today!
    Blessings!
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi precious Deena ~
    I just stopping by to see how you are doing today and to tell you that I am praying for you !
    You are a blessed child of God and always remember that He will carry you !
    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel that the Lord speaks to you through others, dear Deena and what a beautiful message He has given....love to you...xxoo, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am learning so much about prayer and hope and friendship through you, Deena. I love how Nancy went out on a limb to share her feelings with you, and that you shared yours with us. Love, Jill

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely e-mail! I love that song by Chris Tomlin. It is very encouraging and inspirational that is forsure.
    Deena, I love the new look for your site.....and the music and bird sounds are very relaxing!
    Nice ear and eye candy.
    HA!
    Be blessed

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good Early Morning Deena,
    I am trying to catch up with everyone since I didn't get to visit like I usually do. I am feeling fairly good for right now and I put up a new post and thought I would do some visiting. I have to get my DH up at 4:00a.m. so he can get ready to leave at 5:00a.m. That was such a beautiful and touching email you received. "THANK YOU" for sharing it with us. The song by Chris Tomlin has some beautiful and truthful words to it. I don't guess I've ever heard it. I don't listen to the radio much myself. Maybe I need to tho. I so love the new look of your blog. I really love the color of the background. Your friend did a great job for you. I hope the spot on your stomach starts to heal now with the meds you got. Sounds like you had a great day on Friday. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy a movie with your daughter and have some Mother/Daughter time together. Your Japanese Dinner sounds devine. I love Japanese/Chinese Food myself. Sorry about commenting on the wrong thing on your Thursday post. I wasn't feeling well. I do love the little shoe. It is just absolutely gorgeous and so you. Some of my joys this weekend was that my DH made it home safely Thursday and he was able to help me out around the house while I was in bed for most of it. We didn't get to spend the quality time like I had wanted, but there is always next weekend. I am also joyous that I was able to do some housework last night. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God continue to Bless You and Yours.

    Love, Hugs, & Prayers,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a beautiful E-Mail...and such a message of hope...
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a kind deed that Nancy did!
    Awesome lyrics and message!

    ReplyDelete
  12. We should all learn to number our days because each one is important, unique, and worth remembering.

    I thought of you yesterday when I saw a woman in Dierberg's with a smooth head, no hair and no wig. She was grocery shopping, head held high. So beautiful. As you are and will be.

    Sending you love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. BIG HUGS TO YOU!!!!
    What a WONDERFUL LETTER!!!
    Please forgive me for not stopping by sooner and I haven't set your box yet because I keep adding to it.
    Hope you don't mind...Presents are good ANYTIME, right??? LOL
    All my Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a kind and thoughtful friend. It's such a lovely and encouraging note. ~Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  15. A beautiful song for a beautiful friend. Warm Hugs To You!
    Love,
    Kimmie
    Olde Lavender Prims

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful song...... I love to sing along when it comes on my radio...... I think that God sometimes sends reminders to us through the anointed words of song..... I have had more encounters with the Lord through song than any other medium...... It touches my soul and causes my faith to soar......... I pray that your faith is soaring.................

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow!! Is right!! For beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

~**~Your kind remarks are my angel wings~**~