Thursday, December 27, 2007

NEW BANNER


Well I just love this one..tis so ME
Mary from Isabella's Closet made it
..she's so sweet..


ONE big thing I want to say, don't be
sad or sorry for me  BECAUSE
Cancer has blessed me with new  friends, better
relationships with my gold friends,  a deeper faith
and a closer relationship with our Lord,  it has
strengthened my marriage & I now value TODAY
every day.  It has also brought a peace to our home.
Just love me, be my friend, pray for and with me, encourage
me &  hold my hand as we walk through the next few months.


Romans 8:28
"and we know that all things work together for good
to them that love God, to them who are the called according
to His purpose"

Today was the first day alone for so long, it was peaceful and
wonderful. I putzed a bit, watched the movie "Insomnia"
and took a nap. Hubby is home now..and we have the movie
"We Are Marshall" to watch.  

I get better each day and hope to wear my jeans again SOON!!


I met a couple of new pink friends..Libby and Amy.

I am even thinking about working on some new graphics for 
my website, The Primitive Gathering , gosh I must be feeling good.


I've been "juicing up" for chemo & love the good natural stuff. 
For the
next few days, till New's Eve day when I visit my AWESOME Dr Jones,
(yes I have a crush on him, teehee)
I'll probably just be hanging out at home & recovering more each day.

Today is day 15 after the surgery..and tomorrow is 2 months since
my diagnosis..oh the places we'll go..

fondly, love to you my friends




BE SURE TO SIGN UP FOR MY GIFT AWAY
TIS IN AN EARLIER POST


11 comments:

  1. I love your new banner and you are right it is so you!!!
    you have made remarkable progress in only 15 days!!!
    Prayer does wonders doesn't it?
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prayer is the MOST powerful
    thing for healing..
    thanks Mimi
    deena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new banner is lovely Deena...very pretty in pink!!
    You know I don't feel sorry for you or pity you or any of that...I didn't want that either from people and I think I succeeded...I was told so many times that people would never have known what I was going through if they hadn't been told I had breast cancer. Just the way I wanted it. I never felt sorry for myself or pitied myself so I certainly didn't want it from others.

    As you said, this has given you a whole new direction in life, you have met so many wonderful new people...that are some good sides to cancer.

    Gearing up for chemo is a good thing and remember to be drinking lots of fluids...before and after the chemo. Before to help you absorb it all and to help it pass through you and afterwards to keep the chemo flowing right on out of you. It does help. Chemo is very dehydrating and the water will help you with that immensely.

    Sending you love, prayers and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Denna,
    Mary does the BEST on these logos and banners!!!
    Have a Happy New Year and if you get a chance, stop by my blog for new breast cancer pictures and a FREE VALENTINE GIVEAWAY!!!
    Hugs to you my new friend, Amy (Mom to the Four Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the new banner... I need to spend some time on doing something to mine... but cannot seem to find the time.. so I guess I will just spend my time visiting... 15 days out...... how well you have done....... I pray that the healing continues and the Lord just amazes you... I am so thankful for all the new friends that I have made here in the blog world... I prayed many many months ago for a good friend... who would have know that He would have given me so many....

    (package sent today) Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deena...I love your new banner too....LOVED your post ..very touching....

    I LOVE Amy too...she is one of my favorite Blog Neighbors too...I'm glad the two of you "met".

    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Deena - I love what you had to say about people not feeling sorry for you. Cancer (and every other challenge I ever faced) brought many blessings into my life.

    Have a wonderful day. SO glad you are doing well.

    Teresa Atkinson

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deena, thanks so much for stopping by and commenting on my blog! I love your positive attitude and sense of humor!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new banner and am thinking of having her make one for me. It's such a nice fit.

    Just so you know, once I saw that you were getting back on your feet so fast, I stopped praying for a quick recovery and started asking for your FIL to keep staying where he is. Hope it helps. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deena, I'm glad you like your banner. Thanks for your kind words. Enjoy :-}
    I have many friends that have been affected with breast cancer, it breaks my heart and makes me so sad. You and Amy (FourSistersInACottage) are my heros. You are both such strong positive Gals.
    I wish you the very best, you are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Happy New Year!
    Hugs & love ~Mary~

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful banner!! Keep on resting and getting better...keeping you in my prayers!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

~**~Your kind remarks are my angel wings~**~