Monday, December 17, 2007

Monday after Surgery

His eye is on the sparrow & I know He watches, me
ok...so this is a lil wren. But I love birds.




Rich and I had a good evening last night..slept well, had a good day and I am feeling 
so PerKY today. 
I have been emotional , filled with love , not sad or hopeless at all.

I can't tell you how much friends mean to me..how important it is
to feel loved and cared about.
I have been reading alot ..devotionals, miracles, Chicken Soup for the Soul
& books of hope and faith..I even laughed HARD today at a story about a lady's 
pastey nipple falling out and being mistaken for a cookie...LOL
My pastor called and  asked me ..what do YOU want at the end of this journey..
so I know what to pray for you!
I want to be a giving, loving person and a testimony to God's love and power.
I know I can make it with love , support, medical care and spiritual care!!
each of you means so much to me..and the social & spiritual  aspect of cancer is SOOOOOOOOOO
important.
The blessing of peace and comfort in our home is wonderful..If I had
to get cancer for this, tis worth it.  I can't begin to tell you how hard
it has been with Rich's dad here for 2.5 years.  I thank God for this blessing
and for my loving friends and family.
Tonight ..I'll share this.
I wasn't scared ..we were at the hospital
at 6.30 AM and I went to surgery about 1.20 PM..I was with my hubby, oldest
daughter and best friend until 12.30 ..we laughed and talked and I was never 
scared or too nervous..and NO meds to calm me down.
When I woke up..I saw the clock..8PM..I knew I was in recovery..I knew
it was over, and I was SCARED!!!!! All I did was lay with my eyes open
for an hour looking at that clock.   A man next to me was saying the
EFF word to the nurses..UGH..how can someone be so disrespectful to
a person who is there to HELP you???
The minute my bed was rolled into my room, I saw my Rich and was 
peaceful and happy and not scared again.  He stayed that night and took
such good care of me.  I was so thankful he was there. 
I KNOW that all the prayers that were said for me had a HUGE effect on
my surgery . Yesterday , on the way home, I looked in the car sideview mirror and thought..I look rugged, BUT I am GLOWING, it's the love of God I saw .
 I will share more tomorrow..
the journey continues..
fondly, 





15 comments:

  1. Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost. Romans 15:13

    And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:7.

    Bless your heart... and I thank God that He has shown Himself mighty in your life.... and He will continue ..........

    Rest well

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my dear it's so good to hear from you again. Loved ones and good friends can be so powerful for our spirit. I'm glad you have such power on your side.
    xoxo
    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Church...am I here?! Well, kiddo, glad to see you came back right in quick step. Good to hear you are back. My mother crossed over Saturday night at 8:11pm 12.15.07, see www.saintsandhaints.blogspot.com for any questions...I am tired.
    Let's everybody just sit down and take a little breather, what's say?! What a week that was.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, glad you are home and doing so well! I found you last week from Sweet Cottage Dreams- I'm happy your heart is so full today. I will be thinking of you and checking back! Blessings to you!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deena,
    Just stopping in to let you know I'm thinking of you!
    Hope you feel a bit better each day
    hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Deena how wonderful that you are feeling so good.
    Take care.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Deena...you are so beautiful...I loved your post........you turned the experience around as if it was ours and you were so gracious and loving...I am so moved by you. I am so glad you felt my prayers..that's what I wanted to happen.
    Blessings,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  8. Deena,

    So glad to see you posting. Though you were only gone a few days, I really missed you. You are a dear friend. I'm so glad that our Lord has touched you in a special way.

    I continue to pray for you. God is working in your life, my dear friend and in mine as well, through you and others here.

    Take lots of time for yourself. Do the things you enjoy and get lots of rest.

    Love and blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deena,
    God works in our lives in so many unexpected ways... you have touched the lives of so many women that you would never have touched had you not gone through this valley with Cancer...
    I continue to pray for you and Rich as the journey continues... rest up and continue to get stronger for the road ahead...
    you continue to be such a blessing to so many people...
    I admire you!
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Deena, I came here via Becky's Sweet Dream Cottage. You are added to my prayer list for a healthful recovery and God's best blessings for you through this trial.

    Hugs,
    Lallee

    ReplyDelete
  11. Deena, your post is such an inspriation and a testimony of strength and faith. I am teary eyed reading it, especially when you said you were scared, but then felt safe when you saw your loving husband. You both sound like such loving people.

    I love your music and there is such a peace and calm when I visit you on your blog. Not even knowing you, I feel like I do.

    Blessings and continued prayers and hugs from friends afar,

    Becky

    ReplyDelete
  12. Praise our heavenly father in Heaven! I am so happy to hear that you are sounding so well. I am so excited! Now we just need to make sure all the cancer is gone and that you will be in remission for the next 50 years! Oh, praise God for all the answered prayers! Thank you for sharing your story with all of us. You are an amazing woman! I want to hear how your are doing every day. I can't wait until you feel 100% again.

    Have a very merry Christmas!

    :0) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  13. (((((((((((((((Deena)))))))))))))
    You will discover so many miracles and so much joy on this journey. Some of it will be the hardest walking you've ever done and yet it will be some of the best walking you have ever done.
    Glad you are feeling well!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So glad you slept well and came home to a peaceful home. Praying that you will continue to recover well.
    Lennea

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am praying for you too, Dear Sister. Your posts are inspiring and a beautiful witness to the love of our Lord.

    I have been dealing with a chronic and dibilitating illness for a couple of years now. I cannot thank God enough for allowing me this cross. I have learned, grown, and become so much more than I would have, if He had not redirected my path.

    You are an instrument of His love and peace and I am so very happy that our paths have crossed. I will visit often and look forward to reading your beautiful posts.

    Hugs... *Linda*

    ReplyDelete

~**~Your kind remarks are my angel wings~**~