Saturday, December 22, 2007

Saturday & the last day of hospital stay


Oh God sent me an angel nurse this day.
Sister Marion.. a young lady from 
Slovakia..she made me feel I was her
ONLY patient that day. 

She got me cleaned up, removed my catheter, took me for a walk
around the surgery floor, washed my hair as I LAY IN BED.
She told me she prayed for all her patients..and she was so kind, 
caring , gentle and loving.

Alot of progress this day!! With visits from Rich (of course)
my BFF Marcia, my friends Cindy & Patty (my movie partners),
my neighbor Cami who works at OSF hospital



So..the last day..I did get my pathology results (the abridged version)
and made lots of progress in moving about.
Sunday, Dr. Jones came in to see me, took out my pain pump
and cleared me for flight..and away Rich and I flew!!

6 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Deena...... I am thankful that you feel well enough to post....... I pray that your Christmas day is full of laughter and family......... I will continue to keep you lifted up to the Father...... Merry Christmas my far away friend...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pray that God will bless you and your family this Christmas and that your home will be filled with peace, love and joy. What a blessing it has been to count you as a friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deena,

    I have Nichole in my prayers. I do hope that all works out.

    My wish for your is that you have a very Merry Christmas and a healthy and happy New Year. May the Light of God shine upon you during the year to come.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deena...I hope you are in good spirits...I have to say that I am sorry for what Nicole is going through right now...

    I am so glad your Nurse was an Angel..you deserve it! Rest and enjoy your family!
    Blessings and prayers,
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is wonderful to know that we have angels all around, and one was with you in the hospital in the form of Sister Marion..
    and now you are back in your beautiful festive home with Rich waiting for someone to make you a delicious Christmas dinner...and have a nice relaxing day with your sweet family...
    This posting of your experience is helping people that you will never even know about...I am sitting here thinking that you are someone's angel yourself!
    Love,
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deena,
    Sending you warm wishes for a very Merry Christmas. I'll also keep your daughter in my prayers..
    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete

~**~Your kind remarks are my angel wings~**~